Thursday, January 8, 2015

Book Review: The Name of the Blade

TITLE: The Name of the Blade
Book 1 in a new series
AUTHOR: Zoe Marriott
PUBLISHED: November 11th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: A girl borrows her family's ancient heirloom and finds that it actually is apart of a ancient power struggle between mythological creatures.
MY REVIEW: I've never read Zoe Marriott before. I've been meaning to for AGES now. I've heard really good things. But stuff always came up. I figured her newest book was a good place to start though.
Turns out, I should have picked her stuff up sooner, her books are exactly my taste. At least if this book is anything to go by. It was just plain FUN. I will say the premise reminded me a bit of a old (really underrated) anime called Jubei-Chan, which was about a girl who picks up an eye-patch that houses the soul of an ancient warrior. This however, takes that idea in a much different direction then that series went. But again, it is just as fun. There's so much snark and the main character is likable, as are her friends.
In short, this book is a good time, especially if you're an anime fan because there are various nods to anime throughout it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Zoe Marriott fans, urban fantasy fans, anime fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five katanas

No comments:

Post a Comment