Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Book Review: Ticker

TITLE: Ticker
AUTHOR: Lisa Mantchev
PUBLISHED: December 1rst, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Steampunk, Adventure
PREMISE: A girl goes on a mission when her parents are kidnapped.
MY REVIEW: I mostly picked this up for two reasons: it's written by Lisa Mantchev. I've long despaired over the fact that her Theatre Illuminate trilogy hasn't gotten more love then it deserves. Second: steampunk. Have I mentioned I love steampunk? Because I totally do.
This was exactly as it was billed: a fun steampunk romp. The plot is fast-paced. There's lots of things going on at once and the characters are snarky so there's lots of snark. It's what I've come to expect from this genre: creative world, fun characters, and a good time.
I will admit, it's not the most original thing in the world, especially compared the author's previous series. But it was a good time and I got what I wanted from it. I was satisfied with the book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Lisa Mantchev fans, steampunk fans, Finishing School series fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five clocks

No comments:

Post a Comment