Saturday, January 17, 2015

Book Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

TITLE: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Book 3 in the Raven Cycle series
AUTHOR: Maggie Stiefvater
PUBLISHED: October 21rst, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: Blue and the guys continue working with the ley lines while dealing with personal things.
MY REVIEW: I admit, it took me awhile to warm up to this series. I liked the first one well enough but thought it was rather slow, the second one was much better, and now with the third one I've finally fallen for this series.
As with the other two, my main reason for loving this series is the fascinating group dynamic between the boys as well as with Blue. The way they interact with each other is just fascinating to read. Stiefvater nails the complications of friendship. Especially when you have such different mindsets like these characters have.
I do still think the series is rather slow moving, but the real shiny part of this series is character development and prose anyway, so I think in the long run this doesn't matter. Stiefvater has developed quite a following so I'm pretty sure nothing I say here will matter. You've either figured out if you're a fan or hers or not already.
WHO SHOULD READ: Stiefvater fans, fans of the first 2 books
MY RATING: Four out of Five boys with issues

No comments:

Post a Comment