Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Book Review: The Demon Catchers of Milan

TITLE: The Demon Catchers of Milan
Book 1 in a new trilogy
AUTHOR: Kat Beyer
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban fantasy
PREMISE: Mia gets possessed by a demon and soon learns that excorcising demons is part of the family business.
MY REVIEW: I'm torn about this book. On one hand the author has fantastic writing. She's atmospheric, she great at having you picture things, and the idea is somewhat creative.
On the other hand...I was confused a lot of the time. Mia wasn't totally fleshed out enough for my taste and don't get me started on the whole flirting with your cousin thing. Yeah...NO. I think you can say this was a idea I liked and I liked the glitter but the overall execution of it? Not so much.
I will give the author several points for the idea and the wonderful writing style but...I think this one is a library read only.
WHO SHOULD READ: Supernatural fans, urban fantasy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five candles

No comments:

Post a Comment