Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review: Liesl and Po

TITLE: Liesl and Po
AUTHOR: Lauren Oliver
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Childrens/Middle-Grade
GENRE: Fantasy/drama
PREMISE: Liesl meets a ghost named Po and discover a strange magical box with a apprentice named Will...
MY REVIEW: Lauren Oliver has quickly become another author whose work I just adore. I can't help it, her books are everything I love about writing: thoughtful, creative, and able to make you think about things. Is Liesl and Po the best book ever? No, probably not. But like Oliver's other books it is interesting and absorbing.
Granted being a children's book, it is fast-paced and sometimes I felt a lot of things were left unexplained. But the heart of the story: Liesl and her journey is a good one and I definitely would rec this for any young readers out there into magic. Plus the illustrations are just lovely. If nothing else, it's a beautiful book to have on your shelf.
For a author who mainly writes YA, this book is pretty darn good. As always, I can't wait to see what else Oliver has up her sleeve even after she wraps up the Delirium Trilogy (which I highly rec).
WHO SHOULD READ: Lauren Oliver fans, fantasy fans, younger tweens/children
MY RATING: Four out of Five magical boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment