Saturday, July 28, 2012

Book Review: Cross My Heart

TITLE: Cross My Heart
AUTHOR: Sasha Gould
PUBLISHED: 2012 (in the US)
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fiction, drama, mystery
PREMISE: A girl goes to a secret society to escape her arranged marriage...
MY REVIEW: This one is just kind of a shrug book really. I don't have that much to say about it. Historical details were okay, writing was okay, characters were rather blah but not horrible, romance forgettable, mystery was kind of obvious. It was all just sort of ho hum.
There's nothing wrong with the book. It should make for a decent library read at least. But a must read? Not really.
WHO SHOULD READ: historical fiction fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five masks

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this cover before! I kinda like it--but I love the mask cover a whole lot more.

    Lovely review! I haven't heard much about this book, but your review makes me want to read it more. Yay! :)

    regards,
    charmaine of Kansas Pheasant Hunting

    ReplyDelete