Thursday, July 5, 2012

Book Review: The Last Echo

TITLE: The Last Echo
Body Finder series Book 3
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, mystery
PREMISE: Violet is now a part of a paranormal gifts detective agency but that doesn't solve all her problems...
MY REVIEW: Now see, if Derting had started off the series with THIS idea (girl investigating mysterys with paranormal gifts team) I would have been as gaga about this series as everyone else was. Because the inclusion of Sarah, Rafe and co. was much needed and much welcomed on my part. Look Violet and her guy are cute and all but the whole "she gets into trouble and finds way out of it" was starting to get old by the second book.
But now, things are getting interesting with a larger story arc intro, more interesting characters and darker villains. Now I'm fully on board with this series whereas before while I liked it I didn't exactly gush all over it because I felt it was pretty average in terms of the paranormal genre. I still think it is but now there's much more interest added that makes me really want the next book. Judging from the ending I'm assuming there's going to be another book. I mean she can't leave it there.
While I am a little irritated that the author felt the need to throw in a love triangle (but at least the author made me understand why Violet was getting into this guy and from what I see pretty much nipped the triangle in the bud. Or I hope so at least). I am definitely eager for this new direction that Derting is taking this series. I now am looking forward to the next Body Finder book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read books 1 and 2, paranormal fans, Clarity fans, Mediator/1-800-WHERE-R-U fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five creepy villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment