Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (5)

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week. This actually from last week but I couldn't post last Sunday. So here's my haul:

Downloaded to Kindle:
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield-was a temporary freebie. No longer free though.

Library haul:
Women of the Otherworld Book 6: No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong-Halfway through this series!
Mercy Thompson series Book 6: River Marked by Patricia Briggs-Completely caught up with Mercy now! Jury is still out on whether I'll continue with the new one out later this year. I was rather bored throughout this one and kind of think Mercy needs to be finished.
The Selection Book 1 by Kiera Cass-This was one of those really hyped up books but when it came out reviews were very mixed. Mostly reading to say I've read it. I'm not really expecting much from it.
The Body Finder series Book 3: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting-This is one of those series that I've taken awhile to warm up too. I wasn't as crazy about book 1 as everyone else, book 2 made me hopeful, and having just finished this one I'm now finally on board with it. Can't wait for the next book (review is forthcoming).
Princesses of Myth Book 5: Spirit's Princess by Esther Friesner-I just love these mythology books by Friesner. This one's about a lesser known Japanese historical figure and I can't wait.
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin-Picked up mostly because of the awesome cover.
Wondrous Strange Book 1 by Lesley Livingston-One of those series I've been meaning to read for awhile.
Widdershins series Book 1: Thief's Covenant by Ari Marmell-2012 debut that looks fun.

1 comment:

  1. I got the first Body Finder book and I have the Selection on my Kindle but I'm really wary to read it because of the mixed reviews that you mentioned and the drama circulating it. And Masque of Red Death is one of those books that a lot of people have said amazing things about so enjoy!

    By the way, I don't know if you know this, but the link you used for Stacking the Shelves isn't there. It's just your name and then there isn't a link attached. I don't know if you knew that, but I just wanted to tell you. :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete