Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Review: Bloodshot

TITLE: Bloodshot
Book 1 in the Cheshire Red Reports series
AUTHOR: Cherie Priest
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: vampires, urban fantasy, mystery
PREMISE: A vampire for hire gets involved in a mystery that's more then it seems...
MY REVIEW: Personally, I adored this book. However I write this review knowing there's a good chance it won't appeal to the average vampire reader. There's very little romance and instead of drama the book is mostly focused on mystery. Most vampire book readers I know read them for romance and while there is SOME here, it's not the focus. There isn't even a sex scene. So if you want romance, I'd look elsewhere.
But for anyone willing to go a different route with their vampires, I say pick this book up immediately. Yes, the main character is a vamp but that isn't the total point of the book. She's badass, you actually do get the sense that she's lived a long time, and like I said much of it is more focused on the mystery part of it. It's like old-school detective novels but the detective just happens to be a female vampire.
So I really enjoyed this but I acknowledge there's a good chance it won't appeal to everyone. I recomend this for fans of the Harry Dresden Files especially.
WHO SHOULD READ: mystery fans, noir fans, Dresden Files fans, those who don't mind a lack of romance
MY RATING: Four out of Five gumshoes

No comments:

Post a Comment