Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

TITLE: Shattered Dreams
Book 1 in the Midnight Dragonfly series
AUTHOR: Ellie James
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal
PREMISE: A girl finds out she has a magic gift.
MY REVIEW: This is one of those formulaic books that you read and then forget about almost immediately. I hate to say it but it's true. I read this like last week and for the life of me I can't tell you much about it, that's how forgetable it is.
There are tropes upon tropes. The main character has a bland love interest. Naturally there is a mean girl. The MC has a gift that winds up being important to solving mean girl's murder. etc. etc.
I was bored throughout it. I don't remember having any strong feelings about it unless you count constantly rolling my eyes at the uneccessary teen drama. Makes for a okay library read but not much else.
WHO SHOULD READ: Paranormal romance fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five pretty necklaces

No comments:

Post a Comment