Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me of Myself

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Topic: Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me of Myself or Someone I Know

1) Neville Longbottom (in the early years) Harry Potter: in my younger years I was awkward like Neville (and I still am frankly, I've just gotten better at hiding it). Is it no wonder he is my favorite HP character?

2) Percy from Percy Jackson series: Percy's sarcasm/odd sense of humor/rambles so much resembles me sometimes it's scary. Sadly I have not discovered I am demi-god.

3) Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries: Well let's face it: it's hard NOT to relate to Mia at some point in this series. Cabot gets so much of what being a teenager is like correct in these books. I saw lots of myself in Mia from how she handled having such a strong-minded friend in Lily to our unadultered love of Disney despite knowing Disney's flaws.

4) Gina (Suze's friend) from The Mediator series: Gina actually reminded me of a close friend I had in elementry school: opinionated, accepting of wierdness, and always had my back. However we lost touch when I moved from Maryland to Missouri (this was before the days of things like Facebook and IMing. Internet was still dial-up).

5) Susan from The Lion,The Witch, and Wardrobe: I tend to be logical about things, sometimes a little too much as you've probably noticed in my book reviews. It's something I'm working on. So I related heavily to Susan and her "this isn't logical" stuff in the beginning. She deserved a better ending, frankly.

6) Grandmere from The Princess Diaries: Sadly I have a grandmother who is very similar to Grandmere. She didn't force me into princess lessons (thank god) but she is not shy about criticism and having everything just so. I love her and all but it's a really good thing she's in another state right now. She's the kind of relative you can only take in small doses. The panic that Mia and her mother had about Grandmere visiting the loft was eerily similar to whenver my grandmother visits.

7) Luna Lovegood from The Harry Potter series: Like Luna I tend to just be myself. This doesn't always work out well. Even when you're a adult. Teens, anyone tries to tell you the popularity mentality only lasts in high school. Laugh at them.

8) Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter series: Like Hermione I was that wierd student who liked learning. I didn't go AS overboard as she did (I was a average student, liked learning/hated homework) but it was enough that I got wierd looks.

9) Samantha Madison from All American Girl by Meg Cabot: Mostly it was because of the artist part that I related to Samantha. Her experiences in art class (as well as the life drawing classes in the second book) are totally accurate. Plus I also lived in the D.C. area (though farther then her).

10) Molly Weasley and Arthur Weasley from the Harry Potter series: Their marriage and the way they behave towards each other reminds me a lot of my parents. Complete with embarressing lovey dovey talk in front of the kids. Yes, I'm traumatized. Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment