Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Book Review: United

TITLE: United
Book 3 in the Alienated Trilogy
AUTHOR: Melissa Landers
PUBLISHED: August 2nd, 2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction
PREMISE: Cara and Aelyx are finally together on a far away colony only to be forced apart once again by an invading alien force saying an alliance between humans and L'eihr is too dangerous to be continued...
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest, I was a little surprised when I heard there was going to be a third book in this series. I was under the impression the story was done and was happy with the way things ended. But...I'm a completionist, so I read this anyway.
As I suspected...it was pretty much unnecessary. Then there's something that happens in the end that cheapens a big thing from book 2 so much that I kind of wish this book hadn't happened. But it did. So here we are.
I'm torn on this one because I personally didn't like it very much and just wondered why it was needed. But I also realize that some people like really happy endings and wanted more from the series. So if that is you, go ahead and read this. If you're like me and was satisfied with the ending from book 2...I'd stick with that ending.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first two books, romance fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five was not needed feelings
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment