Saturday, December 10, 2016

Book Review: The Queen of Blood

TITLE: The Queen of Blood
Book 1 in the Queens of Renthia series
AUTHOR: Sarah Beth Durst
PUBLISHED: September 20th, 2016
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: In a world where demons run wild and destroy human life, a girl competes to be the next queen: the one person who can control the demons.
MY REVIEW: I have long been a fan of Sarah Beth Durst. She always has interesting ideas and takes familiar tropes and turns them on their head. When I heard she was doing a fantasy series I was through the roof.
Durst did not disappoint. We get a interesting world with equally interesting characters. I don't know why people keep trying to say this is YA because it's really not. It's adult. There is a time where one of the main characters is a teenager, yes. But a majority of the book is centered around adults and deals with very adult themes. I suppose there is some crossover appeal, but considering the sex scenes and sometimes gory violence...yeah it's adult.
I personally loved this one. It was unique and interesting as always with Sarah Beth Durst. I can't wait to see the rest of this series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Sarah Beth Durst fans, Game of Thrones fans, Queen of the Tearling fans, adult fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five demons wreaking havoc

No comments:

Post a Comment