Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Light and Fun Books

This is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish

This Week: Top Ten Books For When You're in the Mood for Light and Fun

1) Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling-Wow, this series ends up a lot on my top ten lists....but it is one of those comfort series for me. I've read Sorceror's Stone I don't know how many times now.

2) Anything Meg Cabot-Particularly the Princess Diaries but stuff like Avalon High, or her Heather Wells books also puts smiles on my face whenever I just want some fun books.

3) Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead-Because Rose is awesome.

4) Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare-Despite how frustarating this series has become for me, it does still manage to entertain me and nothing puts a smile on my face faster then Magnus Bane putting Shadowhunters in their place.

5) Discworld series by Terry Pratchett-Particularly the Tiffany Aching books which are my favorites but really all Pratchett's books are hilarious and fun.

6) Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman-Who knew the end of the world could be so hilarious?

7) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams-I don't really have to explain this one, do I?

8) Tortall series OR Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce-I love Tammy's books period (hence why again, they show up a lot on my lists...) and I love knowing that at least once a year I can look forward to a book in one of these universes. You don't know how much I'm itching to get my hands on Battle Magic.

9) Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray-Because I love Bray's books period. The Diviners can also go on this list but there's not enough room.

10) Paranormalcy Trilogy by Kierstan White-Because Evie is awesome.

Others considered (but not added for reasons): Percy Jackson series, Sookie Stackhouse series, Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep, Hex Hall Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan, The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, Young Wizards series by Diane Duane, and Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger.

No comments:

Post a Comment