Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Review: 17 and Gone

TITLE: 17 and Gone
AUTHOR: Nova Ren Suma
PUBLISHED: March 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormalish, Mystery, Drama
PREMISE: Lauren is having visions of girls who've disappeared and goes on a search to find them.
MY REVIEW: I picked this one up with hesitation because while I loved Suma's writing style in Imaginary Girls, the story itself...was a bit of a confusing mess. This one was a vast improvement story wise.
I will warn that like Imaginary Girls, this style of writing is probably not for everyone. The twist at the end may also not appeal to some. I had no huge problem with it, but I know others who did. I did find what it had to say about runaway girls and the way the system is with runaway girls really interesting and it definitely makes you think about how things need to change regarding runaways.
So this was definitely better then Imaginary Girls in my opinion. Still has a few issues but most definitely an improvement.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fans of Imaginary Girls
MY RATING: Four out of Five runaways

No comments:

Post a Comment