Thursday, May 16, 2013

Book Review: Fragments

TITLE: Fragments
Book 2 in the Partials series
AUTHOR: Dan Wells
PUBLISHED: 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction, Dystopian
PREMISE: Kira continues to learn more about the past in the hopes to help both Partials and Human alike.
MY REVIEW: This book is very much a second book. It mostly serves as a way to expand on this really interesting world Dan Wells has created as well as shed some light on questions I had in the first book.
There are great action sequences in here as well as quiet revealing ones. There hasn't been a huge leap in quality but this one did put many issues I had with world building to rest (though I still find it odd that in all these years of experts finding a cure for RM, it takes one teenage girl to suddenly find it, but whatever). I'm sure much of the science is dubious but luckily for the author I'm not a huge science expert or anything so that doesn't bug me. Though I have an issue with the cover now because it turns out Kira has light brown skin. I'm sorry, but that girl on the cover (who I'm assuming is supposed to be Kira) looks awful white to me unless you're going by the claim that lighting is effecting her skin but even then...That is a cover artist fail, though the rest of the cover is beautiful.
If you liked Partials and are looking for some science fiction YA in your life, I suggest you pick this one up.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Partials, science fiction fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five experiments gone wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment