Saturday, January 7, 2017

Notable Releases of the Week: 1/1-1/7

Instead of doing a release thing at the beginning of the month, I am going to be switching to a hopefully weekly format this year. As my tastes have widened and stretched, so have the number of books I've gotten interested in. So every Saturday or so, I will have a list of books/comic books being released during that week that I am interested in or think people should know about.

Passenger Book 2: Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

Passenger was a big buzzy book from last year. If you've been waiting for the sequel, it's out now.







Witchlands Book 2: Windwitch by Susan Dennard

I wasn't as enamored with Truthwitch as apparently everyone else was. But I enjoyed enough that I'm looking forward to this sequel along with everyone else.


X-Files Origins Books 1 and 2 by Kami Garcia and Jonathan Maberry

Were you a big X-Files fan back in the day? Did you ever wonder what Mulder and Scully were like during their teen years? Well, this is your chance to find out in two YA books by popular YA authors.

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti

YA thrillers man, I'm weak to them.

Difficult Women by Roxane Gay

On the adult fiction side of things, the one I'm into this week is this short story collection by the author of my favorite essay book: Bad Feminist.







Letters to a Young Muslim by Omar Saif Ghobash

On the non-fiction side of things, I have a feeling this book is going to make waves this year. The Daily Show did an interview with the author the other night that was great.






Manga available this week (in the US): One-Punch Man Vol. 10
Your Lie in April Vol. 11

Graphic novels: Star Wars-Han Solo mini-series by Marjorie Liu
Spider-Gwen vol. 2: Weapon of Choice
Secret Six Vol. 2: The Gauntlet

No comments:

Post a Comment