Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2016 List of Favorite Books

I meant to separate these into lists up until the new year. Unfortunately, my computer crashed last week before I could get the posts typed up. So this list is incredibly late and I have some reviews to catch up on because I managed to squeeze in some books into the last week of the year. So, here is a rather quick list of my favorite books that were published in 2016.

Middle-Grade Books:
Middle-School Princess Book 2: Royal Wedding Disaster by Meg Cabot
Trials of Apollo Book 1: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

YA:

Witchlands Book 1: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
The Girl From Everywhere Book 1 by Heidi Heilig
Charlotte Holmes Book 1: A Study in Charlotte by Bethany Cavallaro
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepytys
On the Edge of Dawn by Corinne Duyvis
The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
Wrath and the Dawn 2: The Rose and the Dagger by Renne Ahdieh
We Are the Ants by Shawn David Hutchinson
Lois Lane Book 2: Double Down by Gwenda Bond
Conqueror's Saga 1: And I Darken by Kiersten White
You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan
Winner's Trilogy 3: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
Jackaby 3: Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter
The Fixer 2: The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Raven Cycle Book 4: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Illuminae Files 2: Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Monsters of Verity book 1: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

Adult Fiction:
Mediator 7: Remembrance by Meg Cabot
The Others: Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
Broken Earth 2: The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin
Queens of Renthia Book 1: The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
Kate Daniels 9: Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews

Non-Fiction:
The Fire This Time by Jesmyn Ward and other authors
We Were Feminists Once by Andi Ziesler
Where Am I Now? by Mara Wilson
Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life by Ruth Franklin
You Can't Touch My Hair (and Other Things I Still Have to Explain) by Phoebe Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment