Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 List of Book Goals/Things You Can Expect For the Blog

So I always have some bookish goals and I always kind of switch things around the blog because...I just do. There's no real reason to be honest. Blogwise...not much is going to change. I'm still going to do mainly just book reviews and book lists. I'm thinking of changing the format of the book lists. The main thing that is going to change is that I'm going to be including comic book reviews now, along with book reviews. I'll just be doing first volumes for long running series, such as Saga. But if there are mini-series, or separate story arcs, such as Rebirth and what not, I'll review those. I'll be continuing doing classics and this year I'm going to be starting to get dive into plays and possibly some poetry. We shall see how that goes. I will also be continuing to do the comic book guides for beginners. I just have gotten side-tracked and some characters such as Iron Man require research on my part because I don't really know them all that well myself.

For now though, here are the book goals for 2017:

1) Read 175 books.
I read 169 books this year. That was even with me ditching things right and left. So this goal is totally doable. As always, I'm not really strict about the number. If I don't make it, I don't make it. I just aim for this number to get books off the gigantic TBR list of doom.

2) Classics project of the year: Read all the Shakespeare plays I have not read yet and his poems/sonnets. This is not as ambitious as it sounds. I've already read around six of his plays. I just want to read others such as Tempest purely for bragging rights.

3) Stick to the one classic book a month thing I did last year.

4) Finish Flavia de Luce series

5) Finish the Harry Dresden Files series (I got up to book 10 this year, this is totally doable)

6) Get farther into Discworld books (I read 3 this year. Better then last year, at least)

7) Get North and South done (leftover goal from last year)

8) Get Gone with the Wind done (another leftover)

9) Genre focus of the year: feminist books. I have a bunch on the list I want to get done.

10) Complete the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. I always mean to do it, but then I get side-tracked. This is the year I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment