Monday, February 29, 2016

Book Review: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

TITLE: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake
Book 1 in the Love by Numbers series
AUTHOR: Sarah MacLean
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Historical Romance
PREMISE: Lady Calpurnia has become a spinster and decides to throw caution into the wind and have some fun. This throws her into the path of notorious rake Gabriel St. John...
MY REVIEW: This is the first of many romance books that I hope to get off of my reading list this year. Sarah MacLean has been a popular author for awhile now. After reading this, I definitely see why. I enjoyed this and category romance books such as this can be pretty iffy with me.
I think a major reason why this works so well is that it doesn't try too hard. One of my problems with the Georgette Heyer book was that the author kept feeding us all these historical details that added nothing to the plot. MacLean does give historical details, but not the detriment of what we're all really here for: sexy romance. This romance is definitely sexy. The sex scenes were actually hot and didn't make me roll my eyes like a lot of category romance sex scenes do.
As a way to get back into reading romances, this was a good book to start with. I will absolutely be checking out the rest of MacLean's books now.
WHO SHOULD READ: Historical Romance fans, Regency Romance fans, Sarah MacLean fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five hot books

No comments:

Post a Comment