Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Review: See How They Run

TITLE: See How They Run
Book 2 in the Embassy Row series
AUTHOR: Ally Carter
PUBLISHED: December 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery/thriller
PREMISE: Grace's life at the embassy starts to become even more complicated as she starts to learn about her mother's past.
MY REVIEW: Well...if ever there was a book that embodied the I was not expecting this gif. this book is it. I really thought I knew where this series was going. I apparently really didn't. That's a good thing. This took the plot in ways that were actually much better then I was expecting.
If you were expecting a stall of a plot in this book, you're out of luck. The author continues where she left off. She expects that her readers are smart enough to have kept up on things and I for one appreciate that. She does occasionally recap, but only when it's needed. The rest is pure plot development.
Sometimes I do wish the plot had slowed down a little for character development, but for the most part I loved every fast paced minute of this. If you loved the first Embassy Row book, absolutely check out the next one. Carter does not disappoint.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that read and liked the first book, Ally Carter fans, James Patterson fans, fans of fast paced books
MY RATING: Four out of Five murder plots

No comments:

Post a Comment