Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Looking Ahead: March 2016 Releases On My Radar

Here are all the releases in March 2016 that you can probably expect reviews for at some point or another:
March 1rst:

Charlotte Holmes 1: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

I was not very impressed with Lock and Mori, which featured a gender flipped Moriarty. But that was mostly because the idea had been done before (and spectacularly) by Elementary. Perhaps this version of a gender flipped Sherlock Holmes will be better.

Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr

Melissa Marr is writing about faerie courts again! Woohoo!







Burning Glass Book 1 by Kathryn Purdie

Mostly just on my radar because it's fantasy. If it's fantasy, I'm basically guaranteed to at least try it.






Walt Whitman Mystery: Speakers of the Dead by J. Aaron Sanders

A mystery staring Walt Whitman? Yes please.








March 8th:

Others Book 4: Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop

As soon as I get caught up on this series that I just discovered last year, I'm reading this.






Conspiracy of Us Book 2: Map of Fates by Maggie Hall

Conspiracy of Us was so much fun. Can't wait to read the sequel.







Rebel of the Sands Book 1 by Alwyn Hamilton

I admit, 90 percent of why I want to read this comes down to the gorgeous cover. But also the premise sounds pretty awesome.






The Great Hunt Book 1 by Wendy Higgins

Another book that has gotten lots of buzz.

The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters

I'm always up for a Cat Winters book. She has such interesting ideas. This one is no exception: Hamlet retelling set in 1920s Oregon.


A Tyranny of Petticoats by various authors

An awesome idea for an anthology that features stories that are historical fiction or historical fantasy. It has an awesome array of writers as well including Jessica Spotswood, Marie Lu, Marissa Meyer, and so much more.





March 15th:

A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann

Mystery set in Paris with teens in a cat and mouse sort of game? Sign me up!

Dorothy Must Die Book 3: Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige

This series is my guilty pleasure series. I don't pretend at all that it's brilliant but there is something rather addicting about this messed up version of Oz.






March 22nd:

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke

This one has been getting some buzz around the YA circles. Plus, the cover is gorgeous. I have to give it at least a look.






March 29th:

Winner's Trilogy Book 3: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

Seems only yesterday this trilogy started and caused a stir. Really looking forward to seeing how all of this goes down.






Note: yes, Lady Midnight does come out this month as well (the 8th). But I have finally bid adieu to the Mortal Instruments series so that book is not on this list because I have very little interest in reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment