Thursday, March 24, 2016

Book Review: Riders

TITLE: Riders
Book 1 in the Riders series
AUTHOR: Veronica Rossi
PUBLISHED: 2/16/2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: A boy discovers he's one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse...
MY REVIEW: I was honestly a bit disappointed in this one. I really liked Rossi's other series, Under the Never Sky. So I might have been expecting too much. There's nothing really wrong with it, persay. The writing is competent enough.
It's just...dull. Which is odd, because a book about the four horsemen of the apocalypse should not be dull. But there it is all the same. On top of dullness, it's...confusing. The author drops you right into the middle of the story. Which can work for some things, but in this case just added to my confusion. Also, the romance was completely unnecessary. The book probably would have been ten times better without it.
I think I might skip the rest of this series. I didn't find it as compelling as Under the Never Sky and didn't enjoy it much. It's not a horrible book, it just...really wasn't for me.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that like dark YA, Veronica Rossi fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five horses

No comments:

Post a Comment