Saturday, March 12, 2016

Book Review: Wishful Drinking

TITLE: Wishful Drinking
AUTHOR: Carrie Fisher
PUBLISHED: 2008
CATEGORY: Non-Fiction
GENRE: Memoirs/Biography
PREMISE: Carrie Fisher, she of Princess Leia fame, recalls some things in her life.
MY REVIEW: I love Carrie Fisher and I always have. I honestly don't know how it took me so long to get to this book. I should have read it ages ago. Oh well, best laid plans and all of that.
For those hoping for in depth memoirs...this is not that. Mostly this is Carrie talking about her life experiences. It hits on most of the big things like her life as Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher's daughter, making Star Wars, and getting diagnosed with bipoler disorder. It's all told in what I've come to think of as Fisher's very frank sense of humor.
I found this one pretty enjoyable. It's told kind of like in the style of her one woman show. If you're familiar with that, then you'll probably enjoy this one quite a bit.
WHO SHOULD READ: Carrie Fisher fans, memoir/bio fans, fans of Has Everyone Been Hanging Out Without Me? and Why Not Me?
MY RATING: Four out of Five laughs

No comments:

Post a Comment