Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review: Three

TITLE: Three
Book three in the Article 5 Trilogy
AUTHOR: Kristen Simmons
PUBLISHED: February 11th
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian
PREMISE: Ember and Chase take one last stand against the government...
MY REVIEW: Article 5 is one of those quiet dystopians no one ever really talks about. Which is a shame because I think its issues are very relevant to issues going on nowadays.
As an ending...I admit, it was a tad lack luster. There were no major surprises. No character deaths. No big reveals that made me go OMG. But it also ended the thing properly and didn't screw up its continuity. I mean, I'm reading Allegiant now and if I had to choose endings, I'd take this over Allegiant any day (seriously, this book is screwing up the whole trilogy. I'm not even a HUGE Divergent fan and I'm kind of getting pissed on behalf of the fans).
So...not a spectacularly huge ending. But it ends in a satisfactory way that fits the trilogy so I'm not complaining too loudly. Trust me, as any Divergent fan will tell you: we could have it a lot worse.
WHO SHOULD READ: Article 5 fans, dystopian fans (who don't mind quiet dystopian books)
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five nods
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five governments run amok

No comments:

Post a Comment