Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Book Review: The Tyrant's Daughter

TITLE: The Tyrant's Daughter
AUTHOR: J.C. Carleson
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction
PREMISE: The daughter of a dictator goes into hiding with her family in the United States...
MY REVIEW: This was an interesting one. I'm honestly not sure how to review it. I don't kid myself into thinking this would ever be a commercial friendly sort of read. I highly doubt it's one of those that many readers will actively go looking for unless that happens to be what they were into/in the mood for. 
If you do however, like politically motivated books that talk about issues like this, I would definitely rec this one. It ends a bit abruptly and sometimes is all over the place with the ideas, but it's nice seeing an author take risks and talk about subjects like these.
I can't tell you how accurate its portrayal is (I'm not Muslim, so I don't know what is accurate). But I do think this one is a good one for getting discussions going, which I think is ultimately what the author was trying to achieve.
WHO SHOULD READ: Realistic Fiction fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five hmms

No comments:

Post a Comment