Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Book Review: Split Second

TITLE: Split Second
Book 2 in the Pivot Point series
AUTHOR: Kasie West
PUBLISHED: February 11th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction
PREMISE: Addie deals with the choices she made in book one with surprising results....
MY REVIEW: Pivot Point was one of the many pleasant early surprises last year (seriously, January and February were good months in 2013). It was one of those where I had no expectations because it hadn't gotten overhyped and I was able to enjoy it as is. Now, with the sequel, I had bigger expectations because I enjoyed the first one so much. Luckily, the author delivered.
This was such a good sequel. It expanded on ideas from the first one. It grew characters (even the mean girl got some development! Yay!), it continued the plot, and we get more Laila, aka my favorite character.
So I was personally really pleased with this one and I imagine many fans of Pivot Point will be as well.
WHO SHOULD READ: Pivot Point fans, Fringe fans, Sci-fi fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five choices to choose from

No comments:

Post a Comment