Thursday, March 6, 2014

Book Review: The Bride Wore Size 12

TITLE: The Bride Wore Size 12
Book 5 in the Heather Wells series
AUTHOR: Meg Cabot
PUBLISHED: September 2013
CATEGORY: Adult (but older teens can probably read with no issues, this series is pretty clean)
PREMISE: Heather gears up for her wedding and wouldn't you know it: there's another murder in her dorm.
MY REVIEW: All good things must come to an end. I've loved the Heather Wells since the very beginning. From the first chapter even when it called out stores on vanity sizing. This is not surprising though, I've always been an unashamed Meg Cabot fangirl. Literally there has not been one book of hers I haven't at least enjoyed.
This series is no exception. It is just fun. It's got a decent enough mystery sure. But the real joy in these books is Heather herself and the great dialogue/moments between all the characters. Gosh, I wish this series would get made into a dramedy tv show because it would be awesome.
This ended the series in a satisfactory way. I am going to miss Heather Wells something fierce. But I'm sure I'll love whatever project Cabot tackles next. Rumor is she's working on another Mediator book and while I liked the ending of the series, I have no complaints about this.
WHO SHOULD READ: Heather Wells fans, cozy mystery fans, Meg Cabot fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five wedding gowns

No comments:

Post a Comment