Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Review: Curtsies and Conspiracies

TITLE: Curtsies and Conspiracies
Book 2 in the Finishing School series
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger
PUBLISHED: November 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Steampunk, Adventure
PREMISE: Sophronia's adventures at her school continue as she tries to protect her friend who may be in danger...
MY REVIEW: This review comes with a personal pro bias warning. I'm a Carriger fan and have been for awhile now so take this review with a grain of salt when I say I loved it. Because really these books are just right up my alley so I'm probably not the best neutral judge of this series.
I will however admit, even as a fan, the plot around this one stalled a bit and was all over the place. But I am here for the awesomeness that is Sophronia and she remains just as fun as she was in the first so I don't mind it as much.
This series is probably mostly going to be a treat for those of us that loved the Parasol Protectorate. Though if you haven't read it, you should be able to get the gist of this series anyway. Mostly I pick these books up for fun hijink,s and fun hijinks is exactly what I got, so I'm satisfied.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fans of Etiquette and Espionage, Gail Carriger fans, Steampunk fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five tea sets

No comments:

Post a Comment