Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Review: The Offering

TITLE: The Offering
Book 3 in the Pledge Trilogy
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
PUBLISHED: December 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Charlie brings an end to the war in her country...
MY REVIEW: Honestly, I've always had mixed feelings when it comes to this series. If pressed, I will definitely say I prefer Dertings other series, The Body Finder for sure. So if you want a better example of how well this author can do, I would go for that series.
Mostly, my issues is the world-building because this world is still confusing to me two books later and that's...not good. Story-wise....it's not bad. Not the most original thing in the universe but I don't feel like I'm wasting my time with it either. It makes for a decent library read series.
As an ending this book did okay. It wasn't horrible. But...it also didn't really shock or surprise me either. Other then one minor character death that made me sad, I wasn't too shocked by what went down here. So again, mixed feelings. It's not a bad series or anything...I'm just not overwhelmed when I read it. Especially when I know this author can do much better.
WHO SHOULD READ: Derting fans, fans of Pledge 1 and 2, fantasy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment