Friday, April 4, 2014

Book Review: Dangerous

TITLE: Dangerous
AUTHOR: Shannon Hale
PUBLISHED: March 4rth
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction
PREMISE: Teenagers inherit strange powers that change them...
MY REVIEW: I'm so torn about this one. On one hand, it's Shannon Hale. Like all her stuff, it's creative. It's well written. Also, I have to point out how big it is that the main character is not only a PoC, she has a disability. But the book has nothing to do with either of those things. This may not seem like a big deal, but when you think about the amount of characters out there in regular sci-fi like titles with either of those things...you come up with very small numbers.
That said, the book itself...kind of becomes confusing after awhile. There are many small likable things in it that I liked and found interest, that were enough to keep me reading. But the plot...kind of goes all over the place. Especially after a hundred pages or so.
So...I'm really not sure how I feel about this one. I am terribly fond of the author in question and I know this isn't her best work. But at the same time..I appreciate that she's trying something new. No one wants to do the same sort of thing over and over, your readers would get bored fast. So...I say this is one to check out of the library and see for yourself. It's not going to be for everyone.
WHO SHOULD READ: Shannon Hale fans, superhero fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five cape wearing teens

No comments:

Post a Comment