Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review: Cress

TITLE: Cress
Book 3 in the Lunar Chronicles
AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer
PUBLISHED: February 4rth, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction, Retelling/Reimagining
PREMISE: Cinder and co. go to a satellite to encounter Cress, a hacker who's been kept indoors for the past seven years, keeping an eye on the empire...
MY REVIEW: It really says something that three books later, I'm still pumped for this series, and it still manages to entertain me with its clever little twists on very familiar tales. It's hard to keep interest going in a three book series, let alone a four book one. So I give props to the author for keeping this series a must read.
I loved this one just as much as the other two. I will say it does feel a bit like a stopover on the way to a really awesome finale. It's a pleasant stopover. It gives answers, keeps up the plot, gives new characters, and Cress is the most adorable thing in like, ever. But...it is a stopover.
But if you're going to have a stopover book, you do it this way. I am in no way complaining about the book. I still very much love this series and I can't wait for Winter even though I'm also going to be very sorry to see this series go. This series continues to be awesome.
WHO SHOULD READ: Lunar Chronicles fans, Once Upon a Time fans, retelling fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five adorable protagonists

No comments:

Post a Comment