Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Review: Tsarina

TITLE: Tsarina
AUTHOR: J. Nelle Patrick
PUBLISHED: February 27th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy
PREMISE: During the fall of the Romanovs, a girl holds the countries' future in her hands as she discovers the secrets of a magical fabergie egg.
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest, I liked this one mostly because it's got all those things I love: flawed heroine, historical fantasy, lovely historical detail, no douchebag boyfriends. It was just a nice read.
Is it a must read? Maybe not. But if you're a fan of the historical fantasy like me, I would definitely give this vastly underrated book a look. Also, it's kind of fitting since we're hearing so much about Russia right now and there's just so much about Russian history that's really interesting, but hardly anyone ever talks about.
So, this was just a nice pleasant read. There wasn't anything frustrating about it, it was entertaining. I enjoyed it. I don't know if there's going to be a sequel, but the ending kind of gives me hope that there will be.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Russian history, historical fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five magical eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment