Monday, April 30, 2012

Book Review: The Traitor in the Tunnel

TITLE: The Traitor in the Tunnel
Book 3 in The Agency series
AUTHOR: Y. S. Lee
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery, historical fiction, drama
PREMISE: Mary investigates thefts going on in Buckingham Palace only to find a much larger mystery then she thought.
MY PREMISE: I adore The Agency series. Yes, I give that the idea of female spies in Victorian England is silly. Do I give a damn? No. I also will admit that Mary, while enjoyable, is a bit of a Mary Sue. However she's a useful and proactive Mary Sue who gets things done so again, don't care.
Like all previous Agency books this one is just so enjoyable. Lee has nice smooth prose, she gets right into the mystery and doesn't waste our time dragging things out, Mary and James' relationship is entertaining as hell, and the mysteries are pretty solid. It's everything one could want in a historical mystery.
Now I don't know if this is the last book, but I hope not because I felt there were more ideas to explore especially given the ending of this third one. So I hope there's more, if not this is a decent end to a very satisfying series. Either way, I hope to see more of Y. S. Lee.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first two books, historical fiction fans, mystery fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five maid outfits

No comments:

Post a Comment