Monday, April 16, 2012

Book Review: Legend


TITLE: Legend
Book 1 in the Legend series
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian, drama, adventure
PREMISE: June goes after notorious criminal Day after he kills her brother.
MY REVIEW: I liked Legend quite a bit. Granted, I don't think it's brillaint or anything. It's actually pretty typical YA dystopian du jour. It isn't groundbreaking fiction or something. But as far as entertainment goes? It was pretty good.
I found the world interesting though I sort of wish we got more info on it. I liked what the book had to say about things like class and control and whatnot. The leads were interesting though I'm not entirely sold on their epic romance, but I did root for them. Some twists were a tad predictable but at least they made sense. Writing is nice. Not mind blowing but nice. All in all, this is a solid book.
Again, not a mind blowing book but I definitely see why people raved about this and I am definitely going to be reading book 2 whenever it comes out. All in all a solid entertaining dystopian for those in the mood for a dystopian to read after Hunger Games.
WHO SHOULD READ: Hunger Games fans, dystopian fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five riots

No comments:

Post a Comment