Friday, April 6, 2012

Book Review: Archon


TITLE: Archon
Books of Raziel series Book 1
AUTHOR: Sabrina Benulis
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, angels, romance
PREMISE: A redhead girl goes to school in search of her brother and learns she's part of a prophecy.
MY REVIEW: This is one I picked up on a whim in the library. Sometimes these books work out well for me, sometimes they don't. Sadly this was one that didn't. Now there is some interesting world-builiding going on here and I'll even say there's some interesting plot. Unfortunately it was one of those books where the characters were just so unlikeable that it made it hard for me to like the other good stuff.
I'm sorry but every character in here was annoying as heck and so juvenile it wasn't funny. Seriously, these were adults?! I expect this kind of behavior from YA book characters but adult characters? Really? They had no depth, I saw very little growth, and again they were all unlikeable and all just using each other for their own ends and frankly I get bored quickly with books where everyone is a jerk/or idiot.
Perhaps the author is going somewhere interesting with all of this but as I don't like anyone I don't really care enough to find out if she is. This series is just not for me.
WHO SHOULD READ: adult urban fantasy fans (but even then only check it out from the library)
My RATING: Two and a half out of Five angel wings

No comments:

Post a Comment