Saturday, September 2, 2017

Notable Releases: 8/27-9/2

Here are this past week's notable releases. Kind of a quiet week compared to last week, but that's probably due to all the September releases. So many big books in September guys.

MG/YA

DC Icons Book 1: Wonder Woman-Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

First in a new series about DC heroes as teenagers. As someone still riding on that Wonder Woman movie high, I can't wait to get my hands on this.






Magisterium Book 4: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

Yeah yeah, I know, Harry Potter rip-off, Clare is a horrible being blah blah blah. I don't care, I'm hooked on this series. I have no defense for it. I will say I've been seeing conflicting release dates for this. Everywhere I know has been saying it released this week, but for some reason Goodreads is saying it's October 10th. So...yeah ;shrugs;



Backfield Boys: A Football Mystery in Black and White by John Feinstein

A sports book tackling race that looks like it has the potential to be interesting. We'll see how it works out.

Word Book 1: All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis

This sounds like it has the potential to be a very timely dystopian where you are literally charged for every word you say.






Mask of Shadows Book 1 by Linsey Miller

Fantasy series with a gender-fluid main character. The low rating on goodreads doesn't give me much hope, but I've read books that are actually pretty damn good that have low ratings on goodreads so...





Comics/Manga

Archie Vol. 4 TP (new series)
Aquaman Vol. 3: The Crown of Atlantis TP
Batman Vol. 3: I Am Bane TP
Deadpool VS The Punisher TP
Unstoppable Wasp Vol. 1: Unstoppable TP

No comments:

Post a Comment