Friday, October 31, 2014

Book Review: Made For You

TITLE: Made For You
AUTHOR: Melissa Marr
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery/Thriller
PUBLISHED: September 16th, 2014
PREMISE: A popular girl gets stalked by a guy who may be closer to her then she thinks...
MY REVIEW: This one...I don't know what to make of this one. It's not Marr's usual work, that's for sure. I certainly don't want to discourage writers from trying new things/genres. So her trying a new genre out wasn't a problem or why I didn't get into this.
Honestly, I think this one was just me. I'm not into stalker books. Mostly because they all tend to be alike. Once you find out who the stalker is, either a) they kill the person they're stalking (which sucks) or b) the person they're stalking gets pissed and manages to defeat them somehow (my preferred ending to these). Luckily this one was option b. The psychology behind this book was pretty interesting. Marr definitely got into a stalkers head and pointed out everything that is wrong with stalking.
So as far as this genre goes, it did the trick. It's just I'm not a huge fan of this particular genre. I mostly just read this because it's Marr.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of The Bodyguard movie, thriller fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five creepy stalkers who need to stop

No comments:

Post a Comment