Saturday, October 4, 2014

Book Review: City of Heavenly Fire

TITLE: City of Heavenly Fire
Book 6 in the Mortal Instruments series
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHED: May 27th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: The final battle between Sebastion and the Clave starts...
MY REVIEW: Yes, here I am again. I keep saying I'm going to quit this series but then I think: oh, one more book. Then I think: oh, I'll just catch up. Seriously, I have made my peace with the fact that I just can't quit this series. I don't think Lady Midnight is at all necessary. But I'll probably read it anyway. I'm weak, guys.
As an ending this was perfectly decent. It was just...really safe. It also still didn't prove why another arc was needed but that's something else I've made my peace with. I do think the Simon thing would have been more effective if it had actually stuck, but it didn't. Which is great for Simon and co. but kind of makes me feel like I wasted my feels on something that didn't even last fifty pages.
So...it was another Mortal Instruments book, basically. It was a fast read, did a good job of entertaining, but keeps teasing me by making me feel like this could be ten times better somehow. But if you are a long time Mortal Instruments reader, this should satisfy you.
WHO SHOULD READ: MI fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five feels
RATING FOR SERIES: Three and a half out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment