Sunday, October 12, 2014

What to Read Next: Nicholas Sparks

So you've exhausted the Nicholas Sparks library (or you've realized his books are all the same, it's one of two usually). Here's some books/authors to check out next.

1) Nora Roberts
Why: Another popular romance author with a HUGE selection to choose from. I haven't read her myself yet (I'm thinking about starting this next year, if any of you have advice on where to start, by all means, let me know) but from what I see, she should be appealing to Sparks fans.


2) Sarah Dessen
Why: Again, haven't read her. But I know lots of Sparks fans who adore her stuff. She seems to have that loving the beach thing that Sparks has if her covers are anything to go by.






3) Danielle Steele
Why: Another author with a huge backlist of books to choose from. She seems to write everything from romance to mystery and in between.



4) P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Why: Cute romance about a woman trying to get over her husband's death and he had a bunch of letters to be sent to her after he died to try and help her move on. I confess, that again, I haven't read this (can you tell contemporary romance isn't my thing?) but I have seen the movie which is very cute and should appeal to Sparks fans. She also has a couple of other contemporary romances out if you find you like this.





5) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Why: Another romance that I haven't read (no reason, just lack of interest) but have seen the movie. It's got the same sort of dramatic love that Sparks has but with historical fiction and a circus setting.






No comments:

Post a Comment