Friday, October 3, 2014

Book Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After

TITLE: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Anna and the French Kiss Book 3
AUTHOR: Stephanie Perkins
PUBLISHED: August 14th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Romance
PREMISE: Isla and Josh go through the ups and downs of a romance...
MY REVIEW: I don't read much contemporary romances. So when an author who writes them, manages to make one I like, I think that says a lot about a book.
That said, this one wasn't really the best of this trilogy. It wasn't horrible. By no means. Like all of Perkins writing, the story is smooth, the characters are likable, the romance is sweet. It just...didn't stand out that much, I guess you could say. But is certainly readable and you can do a lot worse.
Again, I say: romance, not my genre. But I was still charmed by it and still liked it and heaven knows I grinned when Anna and St. Clair got engaged. So if romance IS your genre, then you'll likely love this.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first two Anna books, romance readers
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment