Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review: Illusions of Fate

TITLE: Illusions of Fate
AUTHOR: Kiersten White
PUBLISHED: September 9th
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy, Romance
PREMISE: A girl gets swept up in a magical world when she runs into a mysterious man...
MY REVIEW: I'm always up for a White book. She has interesting ideas. None of her series/books are exactly alike. I never know what I'm going to get into when I pick up a book of hers, unless it's part of a series like with Paranormalcy.
This one is no exception. It's a complete fantasy romp for one. The main character isn't at all like Evie or the two sisters from Mind Games. The world was also very vivid and very fun. I will say though that the plot reminded me a bit of Howl's Moving Castle. So...it's maybe not as strong in originality as I would have liked. But it still is a very fun read as White's books always are.
Honestly, my only complaints about this is that it is slightly similar to HMC and that it's not a series. I think this one could definitely be a series. But I can also see it being a standalone as well. Really, I'm happy with whatever White has in store for us. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be fun.
WHO SHOULD READ: Kiersten White fans, Howl's Moving Castle fans, Fantasy Romance fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five mysterious wizards

No comments:

Post a Comment