Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ditched Books

Here are some ditched books that I've given up on these past few months:

Death's Daughter by Amber Benson-Usual UF du jour. I was bored by page thirty. Makes me feel bad because Amber Benson was Tara on Buffy and I think she's awesome. I just didn't like this book.

Vampire Huntress Book 1: Minion by L. A. Banks-Diversity in UF is awesome, but not when it's horribly written like this. Couldn't get past page forty.

Wasteland by Susan Kim and Laurance Klavan-Confusing dystopian is confusing. I'm done with giving dystopians more of a chance. If I can't understand what's going on past page fifty. We're done.

Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon-Couldn't get into it. Not you author, it's me.

Colors of Madeline Book 1: A Corner of White by Jacelyn Moriarty-Magical Realism. I just cannot with this genre. It just drives me batty because it seems like the authors can just come up with any sort of weird scenario and just NOT EXPLAIN ANYTHING. Nope. I just can't with that.

The Engelsfors Trilogy Book 1: The Circle by Sara Elfgren and Mats Strandberg-Douchebag male lead along with usual YA tropes that annoy me. No thank you.

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick-Nothing made sense. Plot holes galore. Stopped reading by the fifth chapter. I feel a little bad since it's a galley I requested. But I could just tell this book and I weren't going to get along.

Trickster by Jeff Somers-Typical UF. Bored by fifth chapter.

Reboot Book 1 by Amy Tintera-Confusing dystopian that honestly kind of failed to make me care. I was finding it tedious to get through by the fifth chapter and so I parted ways with it.

Arclight Book 1 by Josin McQuein-Just couldn't get into it. Another case of it's not you, it's me.

Paper Gods Book 1: Ink by Amanda Sun-Douchebag love interest. I swear I've had it up to here with douchebag love interests who treat girls like garbage but the main character falls for him anyway (and even ADMITS he treats girls like garbage). Again, feel bad because this was a galley, but it's probably just as well that I stopped reading because I have a feeling the review would have been just one big rage review.

So those are the books I have given up on this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment