Monday, August 19, 2013

Book Review: An Abundance of Katherines

TITLE: An Abundance of Katherines
AUTHOR: John Green
PUBLISHED: 2006
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction
PREMISE: A  boy who just got dumped by yet another girl named Katherine goes on a road trip of self discovery with his best friend.
MY REVIEW: Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm sorry you all, I couldn't get into this one. It wasn't horrible or anything. It was well written like all of Green's books. If you're going through a break up I imagine you'll relate to it like whoa. Also Hassan is the best.
But...it wasn't really about anything? I mean, Green tried. I could tell he was trying. But I'm sorry the whole revelation at the end was kind of a big duh and didn't really make me think "okay, that story was worth it then". Plus, Colin was really trying as a character. He was a well developed character. I got where he was coming from. But damn, he tried my patience. Like really dude, you're not the first guy in the world to have bad luck with women. I just had very little patience for him.
It's not a horrible book...I just expected a lot better and I know thanks to Fault in Our Stars that this author can do better. But If I'm right, this was his sophomore book, so I guess this was his sophomore slump. I really hope Paper Towns is better.
WHO SHOULD READ: John Green fans, those going through a break up
MY RATING: Three and a half out of five dumpers

No comments:

Post a Comment