Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book Review: Spies and Prejudice

TITLE: Spies and Prejudice
Book 1 in a series?
AUTHOR: Talia Vance
PUBLISHED: June 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Retelling (sort of), Romance/Mystery
PREMISE: Pride and Prejudice gets a contemporary update.
MY REVIEW: This was basically exactly as it advertised: cute retelling of Pride and Prejudice with espionage. It's what I wanted when I went into the book and it's exactly what I got.
Is it the best thing ever? No. P and P retellings are a dime a dozen. There are so many Jane Austen retellings/reduxes that the women basically has her own genre. For me, I have to be in the mood for these because honestly, they can be on and off.
This was luckily a decent one. I got my Jane Austen book fix, I had fun reading it. It wasn't ground-breaking, but it wasn't horrible either. So if you're in the mood for a Jane Austen type book, I rec this one. For those wondering why I put a question mark on the series part. From what I see, there's no news of a sequel yet. But there's a bit of a unsolved plot in it that leads me to believe the author is setting this up as a series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Jane Austen retelling fans, Pride and Prejudice fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five teen spies

No comments:

Post a Comment