Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review: Uncommon Criminals


TITLE: Uncommon Criminals
Book 2 in the Heist Society series
AUTHOR: Ally Carter
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: adventure, mystery, drama
PREMISE: Kat gets a new Mark: The Cleopatra Diamond but as she soon learns, even thieves get conned...
MY REVIEW: I've made it no secret that I've basically become a Ally Carter fangirl. Could the books be deeper and have better writing? Sure. Okay, yes, the idea of teenagers going around on dangerous heists is probably totally absurd but Carter makes all of this work in such a way that I don't give a damn, I just want to sit in on the adventures Kat has.
The series works due to intrigue, fun characters, great snappy dialogue, and a fast-paced plot that keeps you interested. Doesn't take much concentration, no. But it's still a enjoyable ride. I hope there's more in this series and I can't wait to read the next Gallagher Girls book series which I believe comes out next year which is TOO FAR AWAY.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Heist Society, Gallagher Girls fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment