Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Book Review: The Coven's Daughter


TITLE: The Coven's Daughter
AUTHOR: Lucy Jago
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: historical fiction, fantasy
PREMISE: A girl gets accused of witchcraft and wrapped up in political plots in historical england.
MY REVIEW: There is a lot to like about the Coven's Daughter. It's decently written, it's creative, and some of the political aspects were very intrigueing. This is a novel that had to grow on me though because it's also rather slow and a bit dull at times.
The romance didn't really do much for me and I found the main character a bit two-dimensional but everything else was really good for a first book. I hope to see more from this author in the future. I just hope she works on making things a little more interesting in the beginning because I imagine there's a lot of people who gave up very early in this book out there.
WHO SHOULD READ: historical fiction fans, fans of witches
MY RATING: Four out of Five cauldrons

No comments:

Post a Comment