Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Book Review: Entwined


TITLE: Entwined
AUTHOR: Heather Dixon
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: retellings, fantasy
PREMISE: A retelling of the classic fairytale the Twelve Dancing Princesses.
MY REVIEW: I've been waiting for a good retelling this year. Most of them have just been passe so far though. But this one I just loved so much. It's well written, stays true to the fairytale but also offers new insight to it, is fun, and has decent character developement. True being a retelling it has a predictability factor and the romance didn't really do anything for me as cute as it was. But all in all I really enjoyed this one.
One thing it did that I liked was that it actually went into the father's relationships with the princesses because honestly that has always been something that I wish more of the Twelve Dancing Princeses did. I've always been intrigued by the King with these twelve daughters who probably had no clue what to do with them. It also gave motivations for why the girls danced in a obviously evil place to begin with and so on. Also the sister relationships were fabulous. For the record, Bramble is made of total win in my book.
If you've been looking for a fairytale retelling this is one of the better offerings this year.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairytale, fairytale retellings fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five dancing slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment