Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope


TITLE: The Last Little Blue Envelope
Sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes
AUTHOR: Maureen Johnson
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young Adult
GENRE: Drama, Romance
PREMISE: Ginny gets an email from someone saying he's found her stolen backpack with the last envelope Ginny thought she'd never get to read...
MY REVIEW: Johnson's writing is pretty consistant from what I can tell so pretty much all I have to say about this book is a repeat of what I said about the first one. It's cute, the writing and characters are good, I just wasn't totally in love with it but I do see why Johnson is popular.
The biggest draw for me was the humor in this, the bohemian aunt (I love wild artsy relatives in tales, don't you?), awesome and accurate descriptions of Europe, and oh hey look actual character growth!
But really it wasn't anything ground breaking and the plot was rather predictable. Personally I am far more excited to read Johnson's new book In the Name of the Star because it's historical paranormalish with mystery as well and I think Johnson's great writing is tailor made for those genres so I can't wait to read what she does with them.
WHO SHOULD READ: Maureen Johnson fans, fans of 13 Little Blue Envelopes
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five envelopes

No comments:

Post a Comment