Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 2011 in Review

I've decided to do monthly recaps of all the books I read. So here it goes.

Well, I got sick around the beginning of the month so I'm afraid my book reading suffered a bit. But here are the ones I managed to read and review:

Wings series Book 1: Wings by Aprillynne Pike-loathed with every fiber of my being. Such a disappointment. Good thing it was free on Kindle.

Mercy Thompson Book 4: Bone-Crossed by Patricia Briggs-Just okay like the rest of the series. Not sure if I'll be continuing this series.

The Darkest Powers Trilogy Book 3: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong-Good conclusion to a trilogy and universe I have gotten hooked on. Expect review of The Gathering ASAP.

The Evernight Series Book 4: Afterlife by Claudia Gray-Series is now done but fear not, Gray is doing Balthazar's Story! Also a Titanic thing with werewolves.

The Replacement by Brenna Yavonoff-Interesting and gloriously creepy. Author has another book coming out this year that I look forward too.

Vampire Academy Book 6: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead-awesome conclusion to the awesome Vampire Academy series. Cannot wait for Bloodlines.

Kiki Strike Book 1: Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller.-Cute and great girl power message but ultimately a very mediocre book. Read for Book Battle 2011.

Star Crossed Book 1 by Elizabeth C. Bunce.-Great fantasy epic with mystery and intrigue. Read for Book Battle 2011. Plan on reading author's more well known A Curse As Dark As Gold as well as the upcoming sequel later this year.

Fallen Series Book 2: Torment by Lauren Kate.-Mediocre continuation of a mediocre series. If library has Passion I'll continue it only because of the way the author left this book but if not, I won't bother.

Curse Workers Series Book 2: Red Glove by Holly Black.-awesome continuation of a awesome series. Black: write faster!

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.-Cute. Will be checking out the sequel and the author's other work because I dug this.

Book I read but didn't bother reviewing cause I'd just repeat myself: Women of the Otherworld Book 4: Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong.-More of the same. Next book has a new character though so I will be reviewing that one whenever I get to it.

Ditched book: The Visconti House by Elsbeth Edger.-Couldn't get through it so I skimmed to the end and didn't review as I didn't read all of it. The main character was so WHINY and the mystery part took forever to get to and wasn't interesting and everyone was stereotyped to death. In short: it was boring.

Books I read this month but am reviewing in July: Faeriewalker series Book 1: Glimmerglass by Jenna Black.-Lame writing, irritating heroine. I'm parting ways with this author.

Bad Girls Don't Die Book 1 by Katie Alender.-Deliciously creepy and fun. Can't wait to read the next book.

Favorite book read this month: Red Glove by Holly Black
Most hated book read this month: Wings by Aprillynne Pike
Series complete/caught up on: 4 (Darkest Powers Trilogy, Vampire Academy series, Evernight series, Curse Workers series by Holly Black)
New Series/authors I started/or tried: 7 (Series: Faeriewalker series, Wings series, Star Crossed series, Kiki Strike series, Authors: Elsbeth Edgar, Aprillynne Pike, Maureen Johnson, Elizabeth C. Bunce)
Series continuations (not including conclusions): 4 (Women of the Otherworld, Mercy Thompson, Curse Workers, Fallen)
2011 Books completed: 2

Hopefully I will get more reading done in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment